Sunday, January 17, 2010

Beggar and the Monk

Spiritual Story by Paulo Coelho

A monk was meditating in the desert when a beggar came up to him and said:

"I need to eat".

The monk – who was almost reaching the point of perfect harmony with the spiritual world – did not answer.

"I need to eat," insisted the beggar.

"Go to the town and ask someone else. Can’t you see that you are bothering me? I am trying to communicate with the angels”.

"God placed himself lower than men, washed their feet, gave His life, and no-one recognized Him", the beggar replied. "He who says he loves God – who does not see – and forgets his brother - who does – is lying".

And the beggar turned into an angel.

"What a pity, you almost made it", he remarked before leaving.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Countdown to Dhyan Jagat 2012

For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com

My Blog List